Decorative Painting Terms

Decorative Painting has been around for centuries. The term “decorative painting” describes any finish that requires the painter or artist to manipulate glaze, paint or specialty plaster with various tools to create an effect. These finishes include (but are not limited to) glazing /broken color, faux finishes, painted ornament, stenciling and trompe l’oeil.

We hope the collection of these terms help clarify your decorative painting world!

Course Curriculum

  Speaking the Same Language
Available in days
days after you enroll

Free Community Access

All registered students will be invited to join The Paint Hive’s private Community. Here are 10 reasons to join the community: 

1. Get your questions answered by fellow creatives & Instructors 

2. Expand your network and make friends with ambitious creatives 

3. Access to exclusive Events and Live Workshops to help grow your business 

4. Get feedback on any project or question in our Chat and Share forum 

5. Grow your business with upcoming new features 

6. Meet your fellow students in your respective private Instructor Studios 

7. Access an ever-expanding Content Library to help you grow exponentially 

8. Save money with sales and discounts 

9. Be a part of an industry-focused Book Club Chat 

10. Use the community as an asset to help upskill your creative business 

Sign Up Here and Download


Speaking the Same Language

An Explanation of Paint Terms